.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIDGE - The View From Down Under

An Aussie’s ridgy-didge view of world affairs and popular culture.

Friday, June 02, 2006

In thirty days it will be a totally moral war!

BBC: Ethics lessons for US Iraq troops

US-led troops in Iraq are to undergo ethical training in the wake of the alleged murder of civilians in Haditha.

For the next 30 days, they will receive lessons in "core warrior values", a military statement said.

And there's no one more ethically inclined than the Ultimate Warrior.

In a separate incident, US forces were accused of shooting dead a pregnant woman as she was rushed to hospital.

Seriously, do you really need thirty days of intensive values education to understand that massacres and shooting pregnant women to death tips more towards bad than good on the ethics-o-metre?

The news of ethical training for US-led troops is likely to be greeted with cynicism by many Iraqis, the BBC's Ian Pannell in Baghdad says, as the troops have long been accused of deliberately targeting civilians.

Yes, but Iraqis haven't seen the book US troops will be getting...


UPDATE: 10:47AM

*sigh* And it just keeps getting worse...

BBC: New 'Iraq massacre' tape emerges

The BBC has uncovered new video evidence that US forces may have been responsible for the deliberate killing of 11 innocent Iraqi civilians.

The video appears to challenge the US military's account of events that took place in the town of Ishaqi in March.

3 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Kezya Wulandari said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along.I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Please don't forget to visit My Blog
Best Android
KitKat Launcher
Big Launcher
Anti Virus Apk
YouTube Downloader Pro Apk
Thankyou ;)

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous erland tambun said...

Thanks for writing, I very much liked your newest post. I think you should post more frequently. you evidently have natural ability for blogging!
Please don't forget to visit my blog
http://tamboenman.blogspot.com
http://tamboen76.wapka.mobi
thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home