.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIDGE - The View From Down Under

An Aussie’s ridgy-didge view of world affairs and popular culture.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Iraqi civilians, including children, killed in U.S. attack

CNN: U.S.-led raid kills civilians north of Balad
A U.S.-led raid on a suspected site of terror network al Qaeda in Iraq killed 11 civilians -- including five children -- according to Iraqi police, but the U.S. military said the death toll from the strike north of Balad was four. In addition to the children, the youngest of whom was 6 months old, the dead included four women and two men, police said.

DU: 11 Killed in U.S. Raid South of Samarra

The DU thread includes some really heartbreaking photos of the dead children. And now there’s breaking news about
a huge U.S. assault on Samarra. I wonder how many “terrorists” will end up dead, just like those unfortunate children. To add to this insanity, I’m getting really worried about the possibility of a U.S. terror attack against Iran, what with the reaffirmation for the “pre-emptive strike.”

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Timmah420 said...

It just keeps on going doesen't it? How many lifetime terrorists will we create this time 'round?

I worried as early as 2001 that this shit would be all we saw for years to come, I keep hoping I'm wrong about Iraq and keep being proven agonizingly right. I can't believe all the warbloggers haven't been embarassed right out of the game by now.

If I were them, I'd be saying alot of fucking sorries these days, especially now that it was revealed that Zarqawi was an enemy of Saddam, one that he tried to capture.

I'd put better odds on Saddam's ex-regime finding him, I don't think Bush is serious about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home