.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIDGE - The View From Down Under

An Aussie’s ridgy-didge view of world affairs and popular culture.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

This is why America is the freest nation of Earth

Reuters: U.S. Capitol police arrest activist Sheehan

Cindy has written an excellent response to her arrest at
Daily Kos.

This is heartbreaking:

After I had my personal items inventoried and my fingers printed, a nice Sgt. came in and looked at my shirt and said, "2245, huh? I just got back from there."

I told him that my son died there. That's when the enormity of my loss hit me. I have lost my son. I have lost my First Amendment rights. I have lost the country that I love. Where did America go? I started crying in pain.

2 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

America is far from the freest nation on earth and if the radical, rightwingers have their way, our nation will keep drifting toward the model of the former USSR.

For activist like myself, it's critical Democrats win control of the US House of Representatives in November, so my party can order the Articles of Impeachment.

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger dave128 said...

Firstly, thank you for visiting my blog :)

America is far from the freest nation on earth...

I should have probably made it clearer that I was being ironic when I said that. The day I posted this I had been at Internet Movie Database.com and there was this guy saying how America is the only free country in the world. I always roll my eyes at such comments, and with the whole Cindy Sheehan arrest craziness, I was particularly irratated.

...it's critical Democrats win control of the US House of Representatives... so my party can order the Articles of Impeachment.

Let's hope so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home