.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIDGE - The View From Down Under

An Aussie’s ridgy-didge view of world affairs and popular culture.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Getting drunk with your vacuum cleaner? Now that sucks.

Well, come on now, this blog doesn’t have enough crappy puns, and what’s a blog without puns? (Answer: a pretty good one, by the sounds of it).

Anyway, last week my mother purchased a new vacuum and I was taken by some creepy pictures on the box. Was that a vacuum cleaning in a baby pram?! An alcoholic beverage sitting beside a… vacuum?! WTF??!?!
Yes, well, I guess those modern marketing types can’t handle selling the intended function (whatever happened to advertising like: Electrolux - It Sucks?), oh no, they need to make inanimate things into quasi-friends. Really, what is the point of pretending that a vacuum is a baby? (Unless you’re one of those teh godless ghey couples who can’t have children because God hates you and will make you suffer for eternity. God bless! Have a nice day! Jesus loves all!).

Okay, I get the fact that it’s called My Buddi - Fun Vac, but my “drinking buddi” is really pushing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home