.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIDGE - The View From Down Under

An Aussie’s ridgy-didge view of world affairs and popular culture.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

The End of the World… at least there’d be no Fox News

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I’ve been incredibly busy working on a new short story. But before I comment about Fox News I just wanted to say my thoughts are with those in Pakistan, India and Afghanistan who have been affected by the massive natural disaster. You can donate to the Red Cross here (US), here (Australia), here (UK), and here (Red Crescent).

I was watching Fox News Live with Martha MacCallum yesterday (Tuesday afternoon in the US), and they were having a discussion about the tragic effects of natural disasters in the past year or so. And with the Asian tsunami, Hurricane Katrina and the earthquake in Pakistan and India, among other natural disasters to befall the earth in the past twelve months, the only logical conclusion is that the Apocalypse is upon us and God is destroying the world. Well, that’s the logical conclusion of Martha and friends on Fox News.

Just the fact that they even had the idea to discus such a topic, let alone actually go ahead with it, is mind-boggling. I know, I know, I should have learnt by now, but the depths that Fox News is willing to go gets lower and lower every day. It’s truly sickening that at a time when thousands have been killed in a natural disaster the only thing they can think about is furthering their psychotic religious agenda.

1 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger Kris said...

So you have a visitor coming your way. I read these things. :)

blog hosting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home