.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIDGE - The View From Down Under

An Aussie’s ridgy-didge view of world affairs and popular culture.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

My Potter pilgrimage

I’ve written very few blog entries about my personal life, so today is a first of sorts. For the last five or six years I have been agoraphobic. I’ve been inside my house for all those years, unable to go out. In the past couple of months I have been getting treatment and have actually ventured outside. Today, July 16 2005, is the release date for the new Harry Potter book, and so I ventured out again, with my parents, to purchase it for my brother.

Before I go on I’ve just got to say how irritating it is to hear these religious extremists denouncing the books. Have they become so cold-hearted that they forget about the joys of being a child? Or did they have horrible childhoods and the sight of children enjoying themselves angers them? Whatever the reason, I’ll never understand. But these people are mentally ill, so…

Here are the photos of my trip:Inside one of Melbourne’s trains.

This is the shopping area where we got the book. As you can see it was raining.

The sixth book.

But only an hour or so after touching the book these things started appearing in my backyard…


Holy shit! Maybe the Pope’s right…

BBC: New Harry Potter book hits shops

BBC: 'Evil' Harry Potter day cancelled

Agoraphobia - European Description

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home