.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIDGE - The View From Down Under

An Aussie’s ridgy-didge view of world affairs and popular culture.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

A day in the life of Scott McClellan

In the morning:

WIFE: Scott, what do you think works best, this navy blouse or this grey one?
SCOTT: I really appreciate that you want to look your best, however I can’t comment on this ongoing marriage.
WIFE: But you’ve done it before! Why stop now?
SCOTT: As I said, I can’t comment on this ongoing marriage.
WIFE: Dick.

Just as Scott is leaving the house to go to work:

POLICE OFFICER: Excuse me sir, your neighbour over the road was raped last night. Did you see or hear anything around 11 PM?
SCOTT: You haven’t caught the rapist yet?
OFFICER: No, sir.
SCOTT: So you could say it’s an ongoing investigation?
OFFICER: Yes, sir.
SCOTT: Well, I’m sorry, but I can’t comment on any ongoing investigation.
OFFICER: Sir, your neighbour was brutally attacked. Don’t you want to help?
SCOTT: I assure you, officer, that I want to get to the bottom of this more than anyone else. But I can’t comment on an ongoing investigation.
OFFICER: Why not?
SCOTT: I think I’ve already answered your question, okay. Goodbye.

When he gets home from work:

DAUGHTER: Daddy, daddy, look at this picture I drew for you in school today.
SCOTT: Honey, I really appreciate the fact that you drew a picture for me, however I can’t comment on it as long as your life is ongoing. But I will be more than happy to comment on it when you’re dead, okay sweetie.

Crooks and Liars: Press Corp grilling Scotty
A must watch video. The American press are actually growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home