.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIDGE - The View From Down Under

An Aussie’s ridgy-didge view of world affairs and popular culture.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

bin Laden video: Real or fake?

Since the latest video from Osama bin Laden was released the internet has been rife with claims the video is a fake. When I first viewed excerpts from the video I didn’t question if it was real or not, it seemed very real to me. But comparisons between the video and other bin Laden photos show differences, especially with the eyebrows and nose. But then claims were made that the video photos were squished to make them look different.

It does make sense that the Bush administration would fake this video, as the video has helped Bush. But on the other hand the video makes claims that make Bush look stupid. If this video were fakery would the Bushies include claims that make them look stupid? Perhaps, it makes it more authentic, but I don’t know, I don’t really buy that. I think the video is real.

The speech is very interesting; you can read the English translation here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home