.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIDGE - The View From Down Under

An Aussie’s ridgy-didge view of world affairs and popular culture.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Greetings, greetings and even more greetings

Hello and welcome to my blog, or as the great Spanish surrealist painter Salvador Dali would say: greetings, greetings, greetings!

Maybe I should have wrote, “would have said” because Dali is dead, which renders him unable to extend his exuberant greetings to anyone, unless of course it was his ghost, but I have yet to bump into a real live (dead?) ghost in my life, and if I ever have the honour, well I’m sure I’d be lumped with a generic type, say the sad little girl in period dress or the depressed teen who shot himself, and not one of the worlds greatest painters.

Er, anyway, as I was saying, welcome to my blog. There are so many blogs wasting space on the net these days that you might just ask yourself, why the hell should I read yours? Well, I must say that is a genuine question, especially since the sentence ends with a question mark, which most always indicates that a question has been asked, unless of course you wished to type a forward slash but accidently held down the Shift key, or maybe you can’t speak English and just enjoy adding that funny squiggle at the end of every sentence.

Hang on! I’m typing this, not you. Um… But you might have thought it, and I’m just assuming your thoughts have good grammar, even though that technically doesn’t make sense. But hey, at least it makes more sense than people voting for John Howard (the Australian Prime Minster, if you don’t know who he is) or George W. Bush (if you don’t know who he is, well… I so envy your life).

As I was trying to say, welcome to my little corner of the World Wide Web. Here you will find political commentary, ridicule of popular culture, and long-winded entries on the humdrum of everyday life. So it has something for every one! Well, all except right-wing lunatics and fans of Charmed.

Well, ok, maybe I’ll include something for the right-wing lunatics from time to time, but definitely nothing for Charmed fans.

That is all.