.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIDGE - The View From Down Under

An Aussie’s ridgy-didge view of world affairs and popular culture.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Election 2004: Australia, vote out the bigoted war criminal!

Tomorrow we will know wether we can look forward to three years of new leadership under Mark Latham or fear three more backward years with John Howard. I’m really scared that Howard will get in again, and at this stage it seems very likely that he will. I can’t imagine what else he can possibly do to this country. His refugee policies are disgusting. And let’s not forget Howard led Australia into America’s immoral and illegal invasion of Iraq, making Australia a greater terrorist target. His views on gay marriage are bigoted and his ‘environmental’ policy is just insane. He is a pathological liar and his desire to abolish ATSIC and his refusal to apologise to our indigenous population is indicative of racism.

Please, please, please Australia; tomorrow vote “Honest John” out of office.

On a lighter note, yesterday I was woken by a thunderstorm. There was no rain, so I was able to hear the thunder extremely clearly. You know, I’m not a religious person, but as the thunder ripped through the air (I know that’s a cliché, but it’s the only way I can describe it) it felt so angry. I could picture an entity of spiritual existence being so pissed off with the state of the world. The thunder sounded so real, so solid, as if it saturated the sky - very powerful. It’s been ages since I’ve heard thunder…

0 Comments:

<< Home